The Health Sciences Library is the recipient of a number of endowments and other gifts, which over the years have resulted in a variety of Named Collections. These collections cover a wide variety of topics in the health sciences, and range in size from two or three titles, to hundreds of volumes. Items are housed in the Wilson Special Collections Library.
Some of these, such as books purchased with funds from the Anderson-Riggins Endowment, are part of the HSL’s Historical Collections. Others, such as items from the Wilcox Collections, might be in the Historical Collections or on the shelves in the regular circulating collection. Smaller gifts, such as those received through the HSL’s “Honor with Books” program, will be found throughout the Library’s collections, wherever they will most benefit our patrons.
While a Named Collection might have a particular subject focus, and therefore books within that collection will be near one another on the shelves, Named Collections at the HSL are primarily virtual collections, which can be searched as a group through the Library’s online catalog.
Named Collections and Endowments
- Martha Riggins Anderson and H. McLeod Riggins Memorial Fund Collection
- William B. Blythe Memorial Fund Collection
- Margaret Baggett Dolan Nursing Collection
- Sadie Jenkins Harmon Collection
- Berton H. & Ellen Brauer Kaplan Collection
- Charles Edmund Kistler Collection
- Estelle Ward Lawson Collection
- Zachary Long Collection
- Daniel Alexander Okun Collection
- Sheldon Peck Collection on the History of Orthodontics and Dental Medicine
- Benson Reid Wilcox Collection