Impact Measurement & Visualization @ HSL
The Research Hub @ The Health Sciences Library provides impact measurement and visualization services to the UNC community to support research, education, and clinical care.
Health Sciences Library impact measurement and visualization (IMV) specialists consult with individual faculty, research groups, institutes, departments or other units on topics such as:
- communicating research impact to audiences such as funders or promotion and tenure committees
- managing or tracking publications
- measuring or assessing research impact by discipline area
HSL IMV specialists partner with individual faculty, research groups, institutes, departments or other units and use a wide collection of resources, including Scopus, Web of Science, Journal Citation Reports, and more, to provide services and reports for different purposes, including:
- identify patterns, trends, and gaps of unit-supported research, education or clinical care activities utilizing publication and/or other available data
- bibliometric analysis and visualization to provide an overview of research publications and other outputs by a specific group
- discover the scope and pattern of research collaborations (e.g. author collaboration, institution collaboration, and country collaboration)
We maintain the Measure Your Research Impact guide.
Events & Outreach
Throughout the year, we offer a series of Research Hub events and workshops related to data visualization methods and software, and are developing new offerings on impact measurement for 2018. You can learn about upcoming Research Hub events by consulting the Research Hub Events Calendar and/or joining the Research Hub Events Notification listserv.