Computers are located throughout the Health Sciences Library. Most library computers require a UNC-CH Onyen login. There are a limited number of computers that do not require a UNC-CH Onyen login. They are located in front of the elevators on the first floor.
Software available on computers
- Windows XP
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer and Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2007:
- Microsoft Access (database development application)
- Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet application)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (presentation development applications)
- Microsoft Publisher (publication development application)
- Microsoft Word (word processing application)
- Media players: Windows Media Player, iTunes, Real Player, QuickTime
- RefWorks Write-N-Cite
Computers in the Medical Alumni Association Electronic Information Center have different software available.
For UNC Faculty, Staff and Students
Your laptop or wireless device must be registered with the UNC Network and configured for DHCP. For information on connecting to the UNC Network, please see the ITS guide Connecting to the UNC Network - Getting Started. For specific instructions on setting up wireless access, please see the ITS guide Connecting to the UNC Network - Step 3: Wireless Setup
For Guests and Visitors
Guest wireless access is available throughout the Health Sciences Library via the UNC-Guest wireless network. This service provides web, email and VPN access to off-campus destinations and web only access to on-campus hosts, once the user has accepted the terms and conditions for campus guest Wireless Internet Access. The UNC-Guest network does not provide access to library resources. We provide computers in front of the elevators on the first floor that do not require a UNC-CH login. Guests and visitors can use these public computers to access library resources.