Faculty and Staff Based Off Campus
The Health Sciences Library is committed to providing excellent services to all library users. If you have questions about ILL/Document Delivery services available to you, please contact us.
To request articles, book chapters, or books, you must register with the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) Service. On the registration form choose Faculty Based Off Campus or Staff Based Off Campus as your “Status” if you:
- Work at the North Carolina Research Campus at Kannapolis.
- Teach or conduct research at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy at UNC Asheville.
- Teach or conduct research at the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Asheville Campus.
- Teach or conduct research at the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Charlotte Campus.
- Conduct research at the RTP NC Oral Health Institute Campus.
- Are listed as UNC Chapel Hill affiliated users in the AHEC Digital Library (Note: only articles are available for this group, AHEC affiliates should contact their AHEC librarian to request books).
Articles and book chapters are delivered electronically to your ILLiad account. Books usually must be picked up at the Health Sciences Library User Services Desk.
Books can be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service if you live and work outside of Chapel Hill or Carrboro. If you return books via the U.S. Postal Service you are responsible for return postage.
Materials requested from non-UNC Chapel Hill libraries will take longer to obtain, so please be sure to enter the date by which you need the item and allow sufficient time.
Books will be checked out to your account and must be returned to the Health Sciences Library by the due date in order to avoid late fines. Books can be renewed if there are no renewal restrictions. Please renew books at least 4 days before they are due:
- Books owned by UNC Chapel Hill libraries can be renewed through your UNC My Library Account.
- Books NOT owned by UNC Chapel Hill libraries can be renewed through your ILLiad Account.
Other options to obtain materials:
You may use your UNC OneCard to borrow books from libraries in your area.