Room Use Guidelines
- The Library determines these priorities and the appropriate room to assign for the requested use.
- The Library may relocate a group to another HSL location, as needed.
- Priority is given to use by HSL staff.
To encourage the most access to HSL meeting rooms and computer labs, weekly, recurring, and semester-long reservations will not be accepted for Fall 2021.
By making a room reservation at the Health Sciences Library, I agree to the following:
- Prior to using a room, I will contact Classroom Hotline Support online (http://hotline.unc.edu/index.cfm?fuseaction=classroom.classroomdemo), via phone (919) 962-6702, or email (email@example.com) to schedule a demonstration of the room equipment (i.e. projection equipment and room controls). This policy only applies to first-time users and those who have not used an HSL room within the past year.
- For audiovisual and projection needs or problems, I will use the Classroom Hotline Support phones (red) provided in the rooms. I will call 919-962-1288 (desktop support) for problems with computers in the rooms.
- If I need software installed on room computers, I will contact firstname.lastname@example.org three weeks in advance for software installation and testing.
- If I am approved to use a room outside of regular library hours, I agree to pay the charge for additional staff needed.
- In all rooms, I will comply with HSL’s food and drink policy (covered beverage containers/snack foods unless otherwise allowed).
- I will check out the room key (please bring photo ID) and return it to the first floor service desk.
- I will return the room to its default set up as shown on the diagram on the back of the room entrance door, unless instructed otherwise. I will make sure the room is cleaned up, lights are off, room is locked and other posted room specific instructions are followed by me and other attendees.
- I will pay charges for damage, cleanup, or other expenses the HSL may incur from my group’s use of the room. Charges will be commensurate with costs to the Library.
- I will cancel my room reservation as soon as it is no longer needed by emailing HSL Room Reservations (email@example.com)
- I will report any problems or issues with the room reservation, the room itself, equipment, furniture, etc as soon as possible to HSL Room Reservations staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that those can be addressed
By checking the box on the reservation request form, I agree that I have read and will follow the guidelines in this Room Use Agreement and pay any applicable fees.