Quick Start Guides
These Quick Start guides will help you to easily integrate and implement health literacy principles into your practice. There are two types of Guides. One type focuses on improving communication with your patients in your clinical encounter and the other focuses on practice-wide changes to welcome patients and assist them to access to your practice. These guides have been developed for Primary Care, Rheumatology and Cardiology.
Please note: the following Quick Start guides were created several years ago and some links may no longer be active, however they can still serve as a valuable tool to implement health literacy into your practice.
- Attributes of a Health Literate Organization (CDC)
- Primary Care Quickstart for Patient Encounters (PDF)
- Primary Care Quickstart for Promoting Health Literacy in your Practice (PDF)
- Cardiology Quickstart for Patient Encounters (PDF)
- Cardiology Quickstart for Promoting Health Literacy in your Practice (PDF)
- Rheumatology Quickstart for Patient encounters (PDF)
- Rheumatology Quickstart for Promoting Health Literacy in your practice (PDF)
- Talking Points About Health Literacy (CDC)