The Health Sciences Library is committed to providing excellent services to all library users. If you have questions about ILL/Document Delivery services available to you, please contact us.
Distance Education students who are registered in the UNC Chapel Hill Libraries system as a "Distance Learner" may request articles, book chapters, or delivery of books.
To request materials:
- Register with the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) Service.
- On the registration form choose Distance Education as your status.
- On the request form, enter the course number or regional campus name in the Additional Notes field. For example, "PUBH 423” or "Charlotte campus."
Articles and book chapters are delivered electronically to your ILLiad account. Books usually must be picked up at the Health Sciences Library User Services Desk.
Books can be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service if you live and work outside of Chapel Hill or Carrboro. If you return books via the U.S. Postal Service you are responsible for return postage.
Materials requested from non-UNC Chapel Hill libraries will take longer to obtain, so please be sure to enter the date by which you need the item and allow sufficient time.
Books will be checked out to your account and must be returned to the Health Sciences Library by the due date in order to avoid late fines. Books can be renewed if there are no renewal restrictions. Please renew books at least 4 days before they are due:
- Books owned by UNC Chapel Hill libraries can be renewed through your UNC My Library Account.
- Books NOT owned by UNC Chapel Hill libraries can be renewed through your ILLiad Account.
Other options to obtain materials:
You may use your UNC OneCard to borrow books from libraries in your area.