The UNC Health Sciences Library connects people everywhere with knowledge to help them teach and learn effectively, assure quality health care, conduct vital research, and make informed decisions.
We believe that knowledge has the power to save lives, advance science, and enhance the quality of life. In our work, we are guided by our strong commitment to these values:
- Providing consistently excellent service
- Demonstrating accountability and stewardship
- Making decisions guided by the best evidence
- Enabling staff to do their best work
- Working with others to enhance the University's effectiveness
- Creating an atmosphere where all staff and users are respected and valued
- Leading and taking risks
- Acting with honesty and integrity
Our vision for 2020 is to be a leader in the global health information network, an essential campus and community partner, working to improve the health and well-being of the people of North Carolina, the nation, and the world.