5 Unknown Services We Offer
The Health Sciences Library (HSL) is excited to debut its new Services page, located at hsl.lib.unc.edu/services. The page is part of the Library’s effort to refresh website content and make it easier for users to find the services HSL offers and discover services they might not have known about. HSL librarians are constantly developing new ways to leverage their skills in research, information and data management, literature searching and so much more — all with the goal of improving your research and library experience.
So, ICYMI (in case you missed it) here are our top five under-your-radar services
1. Research Hub – Let HSL be your “hub” for your research. Look to the Research Hub @ HSL for events and classes around the latest research topics, new research and data presentation tools and technologies, and opportunities to make connections with other researchers at Carolina.
2. Evidence Based Practice – HSL can not only help you get the evidence you need, our librarians can help you learn about literature searching techniques for EBP and resources for teaching EBP.
3. Systematic Reviews – HSL librarians offer classes and consultations on the systematic review process. Librarians can even partner on systematic review projects or conduct a review for you (financial support may be required depending on the scope). Email one of our librarians for a consultation.
4. NIH Public Access Policy – HSL librarians can consult with you on how to stay in compliance with this policy, or you can attend a class on the subject.
5. Posters – HSL can help you “post” your creative side – Get advice and critique on your next academic poster. Contact our Media Literacy and Instructional Design Specialist for a consultation.
As always, you can Ask a Librarian to get connected to any of these services.