The Health Sciences Library embraces UNC’s vision to extend Carolina's global presence, teaching, research, and public service. HSL Global Engagement demonstrates the library’s high-level commitment to global health information and leadership.
Global Engagement @ HSL includes:
- Access to HSL electronic resources through the AHEC Digital Library;
- Customized information resource guides (e.g. UNC Project-Malawi);
- Videoconferencing support for education, training, and communication;
- Research support both on campus and at overseas research sites.
Visit the Global Health Toolkit to learn more about our services.
Interested in partnering with HSL Global Engagement? Contact us.
More about Global Engagement @ HSL:
- Global Health Advisory Committee (Public Health) participation;
- Improving the global scope of the library’s collection;
- Exploring creative ways to ensure universal access to health information.
How has the Health Sciences Library fostered a library-wide commitment to global health? Read about the process in our white paper.
She is supported in her work by a coordinating committee. Members include Carol Jenkins, HSL Director; Kate McGraw, Assistant Department Head and Dentistry Liaison; Susan Swogger, Collections Development Librarian; Sara Suiter, Graduate Assistant from UNC SILS; Jacqueline Solis, Coordinator of Liaison Services at Davis Library; and Steve Squires, HSL Administration.