The Health Sciences Library is committed to providing excellent services to all library users. If you have questions about the facilities or services available to you, please contact us using our Ask a Librarian online options or call our services desk at 919-962-0800.
- The building is on street level with a curb cutout in front.
- Entrance doors on the front and back of building operate automatically.
- ADA compliant restrooms and water fountains are located on all floors.
- Most tables accommodate wheelchairs or other mobile units.
- Book / journal stack aisles are wheelchair accessible.
- Help phones are located in all copy rooms.
- Main service desk is wheelchair accessible.
- Closed captioning: There are two DVD/VCR stations in the basement in carrels. There is a Toshiba TV/VCR on first floor at the ADA workstation. There are two Toshiba TV/VCRs on mobile carts (usually in first or second floor study rooms). For all, you'll need the remote - check it out at the User Services Desk.
- Computer lab, first floor
ADA Computer with generic login. Applications currently available:
- Ai Squared - BigShot Magnifier
- Ai Squared - ZoomText 8
- JAWS Braille Viewer
- Merge Manager
- Kurzweil 1000 (makes printed or electronic text available to blind or visually impaired people)
- ReadPlease 2003 (all purpose text-to-speech software)
- Conference Room 527
Audio assistance for the hearing impaired equipped.
- Request Services and Retrieval Assistance
Free request services are available to UNC Chapel Hill Health Affairs faculty, staff, students.
Public (non-UNC) patrons may sign up to use our article retrieval services through Loansome Doc or order through Request a Copy.
Assistance retrieving books or journals on a walk in basis will be provided as staffing permits.
- One on One Consultation Request an appointment with one of our specialists.
UNC Chapel Hill Department of Disability Services
The Department of Disability Services (DDS), a part of Student Affairs, works with departments throughout the University to assure that the programs and facilities of the University are accessible to every student in the University community.