The Library has 10 wireless laptops available for use in the Library and the Friends' Café. The laptops may not be taken out of the building.
Laptops include the following software:
- Windows XP
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer and Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2007:
- Microsoft Access (database development application)
- Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet application)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (presentation development applications)
- Microsoft Publisher (publication development application)
- Microsoft Word (word processing application)
- Media players: Windows Media Player, iTunes, Real Player, QuickTime
- RefWorks Write-N-Cite
- AFS Client
Save your work! Files left on the laptop will be erased!
Checking out laptops
- Checkout from the User Services Desk on the first floor (919-962-0800, library hours).
- 4 hour checkout with One Card, Hospital Badge, or Borrower's Card and photo ID.
- Loan period: Laptop must be returned 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Borrower is responsible for damage or loss of a laptop or any of its associated peripherals, up to a maximum of $1500. Do not leave the laptop unattended.